Hamilton Zephyrhawke Trial Consulting
We are experts in change of venue surveys and the analysis of publicity’s impact in high pretrial publicity cases.
More About the Trial Consultants of Hamilton Zephyrhawke Trial Consulting
Mykol C. Hamilton, PhD
Stanford University BA Psychology
San Jose State University MA Social Science
UCLA MA, PhD Social Psychology
I have a 40-year background in the principles of social psychology, which is where most of the theory and practice of trial consulting comes from. I’ve been a professor since 1985, teaching social psychology, experimental methods, statistics, psychology of law, and other relevant courses. I have published articles on how to get honest answers about bias in voir dire and in surveys. I am uniquely qualified to perform surveys about juror bias, therefore.
- 17 years trial consulting experience. Performed 20 COV surveys and pretrial publicity content analyses. Experience in mock trials, jury selection/voir dire, Colorado Method of juror life qualification.
- Critiqued change of venue surveys performed by other trial consulting companies, testified in court about errors in their question construction, the statistical analyses they used, and their interpretations of results.
- Scholarly research on legal psychology issues. For example, on “prehabilitation” (a term coined in Hamilton’s research lab), which refers to judges’ and attorneys’ attempts to rehabilitate before asking prospective jurors about their biases, thereby exerting pressure on them to hide any biases from the court.
“We’re here to see whether you are able to set aside pretrial publicity.” “Do you think you are capable of being impartial and fair?”
“Remember, it is your duty to presume innocence. Do you think you can do that?”
- Taught CLE courses concerning voir dire and change of venue.
- Psychology professor since 1985. Courses: Law and Human Behavior, Statistics, Social Psychology, Experimental Methods, Applied Psychology, Introduction to Psychology, Psychology of Women, Advanced Research.
- Member: American Society of Trial Consultants, former Director of Research, currently on the Peremptory Challenges Task Force.
- Survey question composition and change of venue survey reports.
- Scholarly research on legal psychology issues.
UC Berkeley BA English Literature
University of South Florida MA Rhetoric and Composition
Institute of Transpersonal Psychology MA Psychology
San Jose State University (ABT) MA Mass Communications
9AM to 9PM EST
600 W Walnut St.
Danville, KY 40422